Sunday, May 04, 2008

Elder Ballard in DC

This was interesting. Elder Ballard spoke to the BYU Management Society in Washington DC on April 21. Here are a few highlights:
Overall, I personally think the interest in the Church over the past year and a half was a plus. I’d much rather have people talking about us than ignoring us. The biggest problem we face is apathy.
We need people of goodwill to unite because a tide of filth and immorality is sweeping over the world.
I support the call of the Pope that all who believe in God unite in an effort to stem the tide of evil that is flooding the earth.
As an MBA student at Texas A&M over the last 8 months, I have had an opportunity to work with people who are not Mormon far more closely than at other times in my life. I am convinced of two things; that there are serious problems facing the world that require Latter-day Saint intervention, and that we will need the help of everyone we can get on our side, Mormon or not.

My time as a student has shown me that there are a large number of people who are natural allies. The trick will be mobilizing people on issues we can agree on and having a voice others will listen to.

No comments: