Friday, January 23, 2009

The World Turned Upside Down

This is a note I sent to my congressman, Chet Edwards:
I have been hearing lately about the FOCA legislation. I have not heard your position on it, but wanted to express in the strongest terms I can that it must be opposed. I understand that abortion is not likely to be outlawed, and don't think that it should be banned in every situation. However, FOCA is a direct attack on the most innocent in our society. There must be common sense limitations on abortion and FOCA outlaws all of them.

To make a point, I compare it to the closing of the Guantanamo Bay terrorist prison. We disregard the lives of the innocent, but let human debris go free to rejoin al-Qaeda and endanger our troops and our citizens. The world really has turned upside down.

No comments: